care.

7/3/17


I think I care too deeply sometimes
More than others seem to care
Their lives mean so much to me
But I feel like their life would go on just the same without me

I feel like I could leave and they wouldn't see
I feel like they just don't know
That life is fleeting and gone so quickly
And that it's okay, they can give me their heart for safekeeping.

I wish that they would hold my heart
The same way I would hold theirs
Treasuring it
every second I'm alive

I want to make a difference in this world
So that they'll see
The traces of my soul
Left in the creases and corners of every place I've been

I hope that when I'm gone
They'll think of me every time they see the sky
Because it will remind them
That I loved the sky

I care deeply
So much more
Than they could care for me

1 comment :

  1. Oh, I just feel all of these words so deeply in my heart. We were made to be appreciated and loved. Thank you for being honest about something that we all feel <3
    P.S. I just followed you from my new blog, Lauren Elizabeth. I would love it if you would check it out and follow as well!

    ReplyDelete