Easter: He is risen!

3/29/16


I had high expectations of the holiday that befell on a slightly cloudy, yet warm day at the end of March. Not only was I to wear the outfit that I had carefully planned a week in advance, but I was also attending my first Easter at our new church, and in the late afternoon my family would be having our first Easter in our new house. 
What a time for new traditions, new friends, and... 
stomach flu?
My little brother threw up everywhere right as we were heading out the door to church service, and with quick planning we arranged that my mother would stay home with him while we continued on to church. I refused to admit at the time, but I felt quite queasy too. However, I was desperate to attend my church so that I could not only experience what a traditional service was at this new church of mine — but also show off my pretty outfit and visit my friends.
Sure enough, after we were back from service it wasn't long until I was in bed with the stomach flu myself. So much for Easter dinner and starting traditions that my parents had planned for that day. This was not the Easter I had planned. This was not the way I wanted to remember my very first Easter Holiday in Florida. 
Now, two days later, I am eating food again and looking gloomily over the past Sunday and Monday that had been an absolute bust and then realize:
It wasn't a bust. 
Because 2,000 years ago on the very first Easter morning, Jesus (My Jesus!) rose from the grave giving us the most important gift, the most important miracle of all.
He is risen, everyone! Happy, happy, happy, Easter.

2 comments :

  1. Ugh, being sick is no fun at all. However, you looked stunning and that bible journal is worth swooning over. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear. No it isn't but I'm feeling better now, so :)

      Delete